Friday, September 2, 2011

Sad Finn....

This is the face I've seen a lot recently on Finn:

Cause he's in trouble. He's had probably too much time inside by himself lately now that Blake has gone back to school and work. He's totally alone pretty much all day Tuesday and Thursday plus a few hours every other day, and we are still not able to leave him outside.

I came home yesterday and did not get my usual welcome. Usually Finn is on me immediately jumping up for kisses as if he hasn't seen me in 5 years - which is nice/makes you feel special.

But yesterday, I got home to total quiet and stillness. Blake was standing over Finn daring him to move; he had eaten a pair of my shoes. (He really just eats the sole out and nibbles on the rest - and then throws it up later.) Of course Finn shouldn't do this, but I wasn't especially upset, it was an old pair of shoes I needed to replace anyway. And it gave me an excuse to shop today :).

So when he's bad he gets put on his bed for time out and looks pathetic. And like a child he tries to leave before he's given permission. Today I said to Blake, "Kids only get the amount of time out equal to their age, and Finn is only 2." To which Blake replied, "We're going by dog years."

Oh my poor Finn.

On a different note, we did a little home improvement project this week which made me very happy. My mom snagged some hand-me-down lawn furniture for us. It had good bones but was kind of rusty and the cushions had gone bad. But after a little sanding, paint, and new cushions, they are great! It's finally cooling down a little to where you can stand to be outside for more than 30 seconds and I am looking forward to using these chairs.

Before:













After:

No comments:

Post a Comment