Monday, January 3, 2011

Current Favorite

I LOVE to eat! I'm not a girl who skips meals or watches my portions carefully. I eat fairly healthy, but Blake often comments about how I out-eat him. However, I cannot say that I love to cook. I think I do pretty well when I decide to, but I really don't enjoy it. It takes to long, it makes a mess, and if it turns out not to be good it is very disappointing (I especially hate overcooked chicken).

For me it is key to find meals that take 45 minutes or less, start to finish. I am totally in line with Sandra Lee who does "Semi-homemade". Give me a good base to start with and let me jazz it up and make it delicious.

One of our favorites right now meets the requirements. It is easy and sooo good. We had it twice before the holidays and I was excited when Blake asked for it again when I made my grocery list this week. On top of that, I can take credit for it: I created it on my own without a recipe! (It's really not that impressive...) Here's the recipe, you should try it.

Semi-Homemade Jambalaya
1 pound turkey sausage
1 box Zatarain's Jambalaya (we like the one with cheese)

1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 can of Rotel

Cut the sausage into quarter inch pieces and saute with peppers and onions until veggies soften. Drain excess liquid from the Rotel and combine all ingredients. Cook rice as directed on the box and dinner is ready 25 minutes later! Enjoy - and tell me if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment