Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sometimes I wonder....

I have had two incidences very recently that make me ask "What am I thinking!?" I'm not talking about things like, oh I forgot I put clothes in the washer 4 hours ago and they are ready to go in the dryer. Or being in the shower and wondering where's my razor, it's not on the side of the tub like usual, is it by the sink, no, oh it's still in the shower at the lake house. Now that I've been looking for my razor I forget did I already wash my hair? No that's everyday, normal, forgetfulness. What I'm talking about is more serious, scary, you need Abilify level.

Okay, #1. Friday just before we left to go to the lake a huge storm started brewing at our house. The moment we were ready to walk out the door there was torrential rain, thunder, lightning, the whole deal. I asked Blake if we could wait a while to let it pass. He said no, let's go, we'll be out of it in no time, if we stay it will just get worse; by the way your driving. The minute I pull out of the driveway I can't see anything. What's the first thing I do when I get out of our neighborhood? Run a red light. I ran it because 1) I was concentrating so hard on the road, I wasn't looking up 2) This is one of those lights that's ALWAYS green, I don't usually pay it much attention. Blake was paying attention. He started off calm, "Erin, you gonna stop?" But quickly turned more frantic "Erin STOP!" But I couldn't. Luckily the dump truck that had the green light had noticed my bad driving. Blake tried to scrunch into the fetal position, which I can now laugh about. And a little further down the road when it started hailing I lost my driving privileges. Blake walked around the car to come to the drivers side and he might as well have jumped into a pool, he was SOAKED. He also caught a piece of hail to the face. I also laughed about this, but first I cried out of frustration and because I thought my car was going to get dinged up and look like a golf ball. Of course there was no damage, just wasted tears.

#2. Yesterday I met some friends downtown for lunch. Someone was leaving right as I was getting there, and I quickly claimed their spot on the busiest street downtown. We took our time eating and were there about an hour. When I walked back to my car I was surprised to see that my car door was wide open, locked, but left open. WHAT? How do you do that? I have no explanation for this. I did a quick scan, yep my Ray Bans are still here, Garmin check, stethoscope check, nothing was moved. Then the fear of the battery being run down and the car not cranking set it. Thank goodness it fired right up and I went home. Whew I was lucky. I still haven't told Blake about this one. Maybe he won't read this blog....:) Hopefully that is the last of my What the Heck? moments for now.

2 comments:

  1. Of course Blake read this right after I wrote it and I got the "Oh my God, Erin, how do you do that?" ...I don't know...just special I guess.

    ReplyDelete