Friday, June 25, 2010

Takin care of business

So I am officially a fourth year! As exciting as that is, it also kind of gives me a stomach ache because there are a lot of deadlines and things to be accomplished before graduation. I have to pass another round of boards, start my application process for residency, interview etc. while still being a student and going through rotations. Anyway, I'll take it one step at a time and enjoy my accomplishment of completing another year of med school.

Another exciting fact is that I live in Augusta again! I have had two away rotations in a row and have been gone for 3 months. I came back from doing Ob/Gyn in LaGrange. It's was a very good rotation and I got to see/help 19 little ones enter the world. I kind of felt like I left one home to come to another. I am glad to be back though and feel like a married person again, be in my house, see friends, go to my church, etc.

During my last week in LaGrange I was talking to Blake and he says, "We need to talk about something." Uh oh. He said I have too much stuff and when I get back I need to go through it all and throw out anything I haven't used in a year. He said he was especially talking about shoes and purses. My response: "Ha, No." He said no really, "you need to take care of business." I laughed really hard at this statement and informed him that throwing out my stuff is about last on my list of things I want to get done. The shoes really are not up for discussion, they aren't going anywhere, but I do admit I have a lot of purses. I think I still have about every purse I've ever been given. And maybe it's true that I haven't touched many of them in a long time.

It's weird because I don't like things to be cluttered, but I don't like to throw things away. I only have small purses because I keep very little in them - wallet, phone, keys, lip gloss, done. Same with my car - I like for it to be empty. But for some reason, I tend to keep things way after their use is up.

Don't get me wrong, if I thought it would benefit anyone else for me to give up some stuff I would, but how good would my tiny purses be to anyone else. I have to admit, I did realize something as I was unpacking my suitcases I've been living out of for three months. I was putting stuff back into drawers that were already over half full. There was that much stuff I hadn't even thought of in all that time. Dang it, Blake's right, I've got a lot of junk. I will make an effort to purge.

But first we are heading to Lake Oconee this weekend for Blake's family reunion. Usually family reunions are dreaded but this one is always sooo much fun. A weekend on the lake with good food and family - what could be better? I have been looking forward to it for some time and can't wait to get out of town at 5:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment