Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Location and Good News!

Let's start with the good news.....drum roll.....I PASSED my boards! Yahoo! And to take a moment to brag, I not only passed, but I did pretty stinking good. I am still waiting on the score for the second part of the test and really don't know when to expect it.

So this month I am in Columbus, GA on a Family Therapy rotation. I am learning to "listen" and to analyze my interactions with patients.... I was a psychology major at Mercer and I am used to these ideas, but I have mixed feeling so far. I think I am learning valuable things, but I begin to get annoyed after we have picked apart a 5 minute interaction for 2 and a half hours - to me it's not that big a deal to just talk to someone.

While I am in Columbus, I get to stay with Jenna Wenna :) Jenna and I went to the same day care, pre-school, etc, to high school, and then went to college together and were roommates. We have had a lot of fun already this week and I am thankful to have company, friends, someone to have dinner with, and activities this month, unlike my last rotation.

More Good News: I have been thinking of something all week that my pastor at Quest shared last Sunday. It was a sermon full of lots of powerful points; this was probably one of the more minor points, but it's what stuck with me. He was talking about Genesis 2:7 when God made Adam and says "He breathed breath of life into the man's nostrils." John, my pastor, went on to say that every breath we take is from God. Then he asked us to think about the names of God; in the Old Testament, God is called Yahweh. John said with every breath we take we breathe God's name. Breathe in "yah", exhale "weh". Think about it...I have and it was super cool to me. Now every time I listen to someone's lungs, I am going to hear them cry out to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment