Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September Happenings...

So I sighed the other day when I noticed another month has passed since my last blog; we've just been going through the motions and staying busy. Here are some things that have happened over the last month...

1) I finished my boards! There were two parts to it and they both took a full day - one practical, one on the computer. I feel like I did well and I am actually expecting to get my scores for one of them tomorrow, eeek!

2) College football is back! Blake and I got to go to the opening game for Auburn against Arkansas State. We went with my parents and Nathan and it was so much fun. We got to see the new basketball arena, go to the tiger walk, and watch Spirit fly from great seats. We were on the 8th row near the visitors in-zone. It was awesome until the visiting team scored first and then my blood pressure rose because we were right next to the visitors section. We scored soon after that and pulled out the win of course.

I love Auburn and going to the games. For us, it's a family tradition. To me there is nothing like a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium. There are plenty of others who agree with me. We heard a child ask his dad "Is that the stadium?" and the dad answered "No, that's God's country son." That's a little extreme for me and we had to laugh. I do love late games when you can watch the sun go down and the sky turn tons of shades of orange and blue. It is like God is smiling on the Tigers. I'll be cheering Auburn on this Saturday as they play at home against Clemson.

3) I started my rotation in Rome, GA. I have really had a good experience and am enjoying it. They have a great hospital and residency program. Even though the rotation is going well, away rotations are hard because they get boring and lonely. With this one, I am staying in the on-call rooms in the basement of the hospital. I am here all the time! I also get to eat here for free, so I literally never leave. I have to find things to do so that I can go outside and have a change of scenery. I'll go to the mall, find a trail to walk on, or go somewhere with free Wifi. I've got about a week and a half here and then it's on to Columbus.

4) I've submitted my residency application, which is a big relief. I applied to 10 Family Medicine programs and am starting to schedule interviews. Looks like I'll be traveling all over the South come December.

Well that's about it. See you in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment