Sunday, April 24, 2011

An ode to William and Kate (mostly William)

Oh William, how I loved thee, let me count the ways....

From the moment I first saw you when I was but a pre-teen I formed a deep infatuation for you. I always preferred you, with your olive complexion and sturdy frame, to your smaller, ginger brother. I cried for you when you lost your mother and when I was 13, I put your poster up on the wall of my bedroom - if I recall correctly, you were not wearing a shirt.

I oft dreamt we would somehow meet from across the oceans and I would become Princess of Whales.

But alas, your poster came off the wall a decade ago and I am now happily married, as you will be on Friday. I will be busy Friday sipping wine in Napa Valley and I will lay my head down at the end of the day on a pillow in Lake Tahoe. But I hope you have a great day and I send you wishes for many years of happiness.

Thanks for being beautiful and letting a young girl dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment