Monday, May 16, 2011

Half-way through May Update

I feel like I left you guys hanging since our vacation, but I figure that those that read this also see my facebook page, and I don't want the blog to just be a repeat of facebook in written form.

But a lot has happened since I spilled the beans....

We did go on our trip and had an awesome time (see facebook for pictures). It took a lot of planning and coordination to go to San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe in 5 days, and I thought it was going to stress me out, but it didn't, it went very smoothly. Each of those destinations is worth going to and each is sooo beautiful!

Our favorites from San Francisco - Chinatown, Alcatraz, Sears Fine Food (for breakfast - they have the best Swedish pancakes the size of sand dollars and the best sausage patties I have ever had!), and E&O Trading Co. (another restaurant)

Then soon after we got back I graduated and am now Dr. Erin Hoxsie Meeks, MD. Several people have asked how it feels to officially be a doctor.....well, honestly, not that different. I don't have the paperwork yet to write a prescription, and I'm not really doing anything right now. I'm sure I will feel like a doctor in July when I start working and making doctor decisions.

(phone call)
"Dr. Meeks, Mrs. Williams in 524 is having chest pain, what would you like to do?"
(my answer) "uuuuuuhhhhh...." :)

Otherwise I have been busy hanging out with Finn and I am shocked that after almost 2 1/2 yrs of life he is still alive. He is constantly doing something terrible. For instance, this morning I found that I am missing a bag of chocolate covered cranberries, a treat for myself that I splurged on and got from the Fresh Market. The only culprit I can think of it my long-eared friend here. I am thankful for my cousin-in-law, Katy, who was a vet tech for several years. I call her about every other week asking her if Finn is going to die of something. So far, we are not making our second trip this year to the animal hospital. It is really crazy how much I love this goofy dog.

Since graduating we have been having fun playing a lot of tennis.


Soon (like now) I have to start packing.


And next week we get into our house in Rome, we will start painting.
YAY! Lots of exciting things to come. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment